Good times and bad times...

"I don't know where to start really – so much has happened since April! I've landed on my feet for sure – how was I to know that the bald bloke, Si, was as much into spending time outdoors as I am! I've been running all over the local hills which are full of sheep – fantastic for me as I've still got working tendencies that Si is trying to train to his advantage. If I get any better at driving sheep and doing tricks, Si says he's going to flog me on something called eBay! I THINK he's joking...

Lizzie and Gyp
The lady's name is Lizzie and she loved me from the start. I get so much fuss now – sometimes it gets too much so I have to go hide in the small field they call the garden. But they feed me so well and I feel really safe and cared for. And the amount of exercise I get is awesome... Si goes around on this thing called a mountain bike – he can go even faster than me on full gas so he's great to chase and I can do three times the distance at least than when he walks – then he's really slow...

Every morning I go up on the hill – doesn't matter what the weather. Then I generally go to Si's shop where I chill out and mess around with people all day – really cool stuff! Then, after work, Si or Lizzie or both take me for a massive hoof round the hills on the mountain bikes or walking. Sometimes they do a funny walk they call running but it doesn't look much like running to me...

As well as getting to write this blog, Si has put photographs of me on the staff page of the Mountainfeet website – how cool is that for a collie dog fresh from a farm?

So everything was brilliant and I was so settled and then the bubble burst...

One morning I woke up ready for fun and frollicks but Si said it was time for my jab – what did he mean? He then took me to another shop in the next village but it wasn't like Mountainfeet and it smelled funny.

There were other dogs there who growled at me even though I was just minding my own business... Si handed me over to a lady who was really nice to me at first but then promptly stabbed me with a needly thing! What the *****????

That seemed to be it and thankfully we left but about a day later I was feeling rough and didn't want my tea which seemed to worry Si as he said it was unheard of! That was the start of a very bad time which I'll tell you about when I next write.

Don't worry by the way – I'm right as rain now...
Follow Gyp's blog using RSS feeds